Multiple types of visitors would be visiting the facility depending upon the business operations and need, considering that Facilio’s admin app (app.facilio.com) provides configurable visitor types to add different types as needed which also stands as the first step before proceeding with the various visitor management flows.
Steps to configure:
- Head to the Settings – > Visitor settings – > Visitor Types tab
- The landing page of the visitor types showcases the available list/already created list of visitor types, to add a new type click on the “Add Visitor Type” button and key in the Name of the visitor type, Description and the relevant icon can be chosen and saved to use.
- Once saved, the added visitor type would be listed in the landing page.
- The added visitor type will be available to use in the Visitors module as well to choose from during the event of pre-registering or so on.
Visitor Type Specific Configurations
- Each visitor type can be configured with the required custom check-in fields other than the system fields to capture visitor type specific field information.
- New custom fields relevant to the visitor type can be added by clicking on the “Add field” button
- Similarly, each visitor type can be configured with the required documents, hosts information and the preferences required on getting the visitor photos, printing the visitor badges etc. as per the facility needs.
The Host configurations will determine the process and mandate fields to be filled by the visitor without which the check-in cannot happen. The configurations can be configured to each visitor type specifically as per need.
The Preferences configuration will determine and mandate certain processes of the visitor type and the process in which the invites are sent by the host as per the below image.
- Notifications feature helps with the below listed functionalities,
- Invite the visitor,
- Welcome the visitor,
- Thank the visitor
With the visit associated QR code and passcode to check-in/out.
- Similarly the hosts are notified of their visitors arrival on a pre-registered scenario and to approve the visitors on direct check-in cases.
- All these above stated notifications are triggered based on the configurations done as showcased in the image below.
The supported notifying mediums are:
- SMS, and
Watchlists enable the organizations to capture blocked/valuable visitor data which enhances the visitor experience and step up the facilities security. Screening against watchlists allows the facility to compare a visitor sign-in against a predetermined record to meet security/compliance standards.
Watchlists records are of two types which would trigger an alert to the security personnel in either case to take necessary actions.
- Blocked Wachlist
- VIP Wachlist
Blocked watchlist basically lists the visitor records of visitors who have a previous criminal record and have been blocked from entering the facility. If a blocked visitor is found checking-in the security personnel would be notified with an alert to not allow the visitor.
- Blocked Watchlist view lists already added list of blocked visitors
- New Blocked or VIP watchlist visitor can be added by clicking on the “New Watchlist” button on the top right corner and with keying in the visitor name, phone, email and marking if it is blocked or VIP record by checking the appropriate checkbox
- If the added visitors in the system needs to be marked as blocked or VIP watchlist, the record can be selected from the Visits tab or Invites tab or Visitors and choose the “Mark as Blocked” or “Mark as Blocked” as needed
- The visitor record marked as blocked is now been added to the Watchlist tab – > Blocked watchlist view
- When the blocked user tries to check-in the security would be notified with an alert that the visitor is a blocked visitor and the system wouldn’t let the visitor to check-in
- The administrator of the account will also be notified with an alert email indicating the blocked visitor’s name, mobile and email ID who had tried to check-in