Configure alarm fields, know how to filter alarm events and set up notifications and alarm messages for different types of alarms
Events & Alarms
Alarm events are basically an occurrence that has happened in an asset. It could be as minor as a temperature change or indicative of a sensor failure leading to a breakdown. Most often, in a facility, hundreds of alarm events will be generated and most (normally) will be minor while a few might indicate an impending breakdown or disruption in the functionality of a high-value asset. Where hundreds of alarm events are triggered, it would be tough for the facility manager/supervisor to check and verify each of these events and resolve them individually. Facilio offers an event filtering option that allows the system to filter the alarms that do not require any action and list out only the relevant ones that need to be resolved.
a) Event Filtering
- Head to Settings > Alarm Settings > Event Filtering.
- Click on the Add Filter button to configure the setting.
- Provide a name and description for the filter.
- You can choose to avoid events that do not require any alarm generation through Simple and Complex Conditions.
- Simple Condition: Specify the rules for this reading and select the action for the same – ignore/transform.
- Complex Condition: Custom-build a formula based on attributes and criteria and specify whether the events need to be ignored or transformed. (Note: If you choose to transform the event, you will need to provide details about the problem, the probable causes, and your recommendations.)
b) Alarm Fields
Additional data fields can be added for alarms to record, view and capture data in relation to various aspects of an alarm/anomaly. These fields can be viewed in the alarms (tab) page once the field is added to the table.
- Head to Settings > Alarm Settings > Alarm Fields
In the Alarm Fields page, you can view the list of fields that are already present by default.
- Click on Add Custom Field button.
- Input the field name and select the field type. Depending on the type of the field added here, the field type can be selected (Number, date, single-line/multi-line, etc.)
- Once the field is added, it will be listed in the all fields page. Options to edit/delete the custom fields are also available next to the respective field.
- The custom field can be viewed on the alarms page after adding the field using the column setting.
c) Alarm Actions
Alarm actions are basically the last step in the life cycle of an alarm. In a facility, an alarm gets generated to warn us of an impending breakdown or disruption. For certain alarms, an automatic action can be configured, saving the facility manager an enormous amount of time.
- Head to Settings > Automations > Notifications
- Here notifications for different modules can be configured. From the dropdown, select Reading Alarm.
- Here you will find a list of existing alarm actions and you can view what kind of action needs to be taken whenever the alarm gets triggered.
- Click on the button Add Notification
- Provide basic details – Alarm Action name, Site name, Description.
- Select when the action needs to be executed and configure the criteria for the execution.
- Series of actions can be undertaken based on the severity of the alarm –
- Send Email: Configure an email to be sent to the concerned personnel(s).
- Make Call: A system-generated phone call can be configured with an automated message that would play out.
- Send SMS: SMS can be sent to an entire team or maintenance personnel.
- Send Whatsapp: A WhatsApp message can be configured and sent out to the team.
- Send Mobile Notification: Configure push notifications with alarm messages.