Learn more about Facilio and the advantages of a connected building. Get an overview of how Facilio can transform each vital feature of your facility and more…
Facilio is a multi-site facility management enterprise platform that helps manage facilities in real-time. With Facilio, connecting to buildings, tracking performance and maintenance of assets becomes extremely easy. An integrated application, it unites different teams, systems, varied BMS applications under one robust platform giving you the highest degree of flexibility, control, and smart building experience.
a) About Facilio
On a mission to create a smart-built environment, Facilio today is rethinking the entire facility management landscape by creating a flexible interface that is not only easy to operate but literally talks to the buildings.
Facilio comprises of different modules (Asset, Energy, Maintenance, Space, Alarms, Tenants and many others) that work together to give the facility manager a seamless experience. Any of these modules can be implemented in a building/facility individually or in tandem with each other.
i) Advantages of Facilio
- An extremely flexible interface allows you to implement single modules to control, track and monitor specific elements of facility management.
- Predictive and planned maintenance that allows you to keep the facility ship-shape, increase asset performance and life-span.
- A single-view portfolio that provides a pertinent window into facility operations.
- Facilio’s energy dashboard captures real-time data and analysis allowing the Facility Manager to make informed decisions that impact energy savings and sustainability goals.
- Facilio provides seamless integration with existing BMS (Building Management System) saving costs and providing access to historical data of the building.
ii) Facilio’s Real-time Approach
Real-time facilities optimization is a proactive approach that Facilio has adopted to help buildings achieve maximum operational efficiency. Using IoT, Facilio leverages data from existing building automation systems providing the facility manager with actionable intelligence that empowers them to solve problems before things breakdown. Realtime optimization helps them to centrally manage the entire facility and to make data-driven decisions that provide the tenants with a seamless experience.
iii) Why do today’s buildings need Facilio?
Today’s buildings need Facilio because –
- they need to be managed in real-time and fire-fighting issues are not really an option.
- only an integrated platform like Facilio will help you meet sustainability goals.
- you need critical real-time information to make informed decisions.
- workflow becomes more efficient, systematic and meticulous.
- seamless tenant experience is the most important service provided today.
b) Modules Overview
Modules in Facilio are extremely specific and are grouped according to various aspects that constitute Facility management. The following are the list of modules that are currently present in Facilio –
|1||Assets||Covers all aspects of asset management, right from adding new assets to geotagging them. Learn how to monitor asset performance, efficiently track their breakdowns and malfunctions. Learn how to maintain purchase orders, warranty information, inventory and storeroom maintenance through this module.|
|2||Maintenance||A work order engine covering the entire lifecycle of work orders raised, approved and executed in a facility. Helps to chart a planned maintenance schedule for a facility and automate tasks using predictive AI.|
|3||Analytics||Monitor & analyze energy readings and data to attain sustainability goals and to make informed decisions in relation to assets.|
|5||Diagnostics||Covers all aspects related to Alarms in a facility right from filtering alarm events, adding new alarms and configuring alarm fields and settings.|
|6||Controls & Graphics||It helps to create a command center where all vital aspects of a building/entire facility can be controlled. Through this module, a visual representation of assets can be put together to track anomalies and abnormal behavior.|
c) Understanding Dashboards
This is the primary view that opens once you log in. You will get an overall view of what’s happening in the facility and check out pertinent data in relation to all dashboards in Facilio. You can also click on the tab portfolio to view data in relation to specific sites/buildings/floors/spaces etc.
d) Sub-headers, Tabs & Features
The dropdown under the main header will provide you with links to view varied information from Maintenance, Assets, Analytics dashboards giving the facility manager a peek into what’s happening in the facility. We will examine these options in detail here –
Pertinent data and graphs in relation to maintenance, asset performance, energy readings, logbooks can be seen here.
Executive Dashboard: Provides a graphic view of maintenance statistics of your facility, such as the ratio of planned vs unplanned, reactive maintenance, SLA adherence, etc.,
Maintenance KPI: Provides a graphic view & statistics of key performance indicators in relation to work orders and maintenance tasks in the facility.
Log Book: Presents a log of reading and statistics for high-value assets in a building/site.
ii) Work Requests
This view provides the facility manager a focussed view of the number of work orders that are active/due/overdue/open etc.
iii) Workforce Efficiency
This view delves deep into the category of work requests that are still open in the facility, completed work orders and their average work duration, response and resolution time, etc.
iv) Asset Management
An overall view of the total number of assets active, their categories, downtime statistics, work orders associated with them, etc. can be seen here.
Inventory Overview: Information about asset maintenance costs, storeroom transactions, daily trends, asset sale trends, etc. can be seen here.
Purchase Orders and Contracts: Details about purchase contracts that are active and their status quo can be viewed here.
This view provides specific information about energy costs and water consumption and costs in the facility over a period of time or for a specific duration
vi) Utility Meters
Track and analyze utility meters for energy and water consumption in a facility using this view.
View the energy portfolio of the entire facility, compare costs and consumption among buildings and other pertinent analytics that would help you make informed decisions.
View graphics and assets monitoring the building/site in real-time to check their status and safety aspects.
View heatmap of energy consumption, average temperature and other analytics in relation to your facility.
e) Modules in Detail
i) Asset Modules
The Asset Management module provides a high-level view of all the assets that are connected, monitored and managed by Facilio application.
At a glance
The asset module provides options to view statistics related to assets connected to the facility. Assets can be grouped, categorized and viewed as per requirement here.
- Inventory: Provides you with options to add, manage storerooms, items, and tools within the facility.
- Purchase Orders: Maintain purchase orders, receivables and purchase requests from maintenance personnel, facility managers and supervisors.
- Contracts: Maintain and manage all types of contracts for items purchased, labor employed, rental lease, asset warranty, etc.
- Vendors: Maintain and manage vendor data, purchase orders, receivables etc.
- Reports: Create new asset reports and analyze their performance.
ii) Maintenance Module
The maintenance module collates pertinent information pertaining to your portfolio of sites, buildings and spaces in the facility.
At a glance
Here you can view all the work orders that are generated in your facility, view specific work requests and provide/reject approvals and plan maintenance work and schedule the same. For each of the tabs, a dropdown of system views are also available.
- Work Orders: Create new work orders, search for work orders using parameters and keywords, view different categories of work orders through the views feature.
- Approvals: Approvals section collates all work order requests raised within the facility by maintenance personnel, tenants, employees, team members, etc.
- Planned Maintenance: Planned maintenance allows you to create a maintenance schedule for each asset and space and helps maintain the facility sans wear & tear.
- Calendar: Provides you with an overall view of all activities that are scheduled at the facility for a day, a week or a month.
- Reports: Create new reports about maintenance work orders and analyze existing workflows.
iii) Analytics Module
The Analytics module and reports give focused information about energy consumption across different sites and buildings. Energy consumption by buildings, cost and overall readings across different periods can be measured, compared and analyzed here.
At a glance
Facilio’s analytics module is designed to provide you with key metrics and critical actionable data that would enable you to manage the energy requirements of your facility in a better way. Facilio has a large array of reports on various aspects of energy consumption in relation to building/space, asset, comparison charts, analytics, and recommendations, etc.
- Analytics: Different types of reports and analysis can be generated for any asset/space/period/time.
- M & V: Measurement & Verification provides the facility manager an option to analyze energy consumption and cost analysis across varying periods of time and to formulate plans to minimize consumption. (Note: This is an optional/additional module provided on request/necessity)
- Reports: An exhausting list of reports can be found for assets by category of the asset, building/space, portfolio, performance, etc. All the reports can be minutely customized, time, period & duration tweaked and the chart type can be tailored and personalized as required.
iv) Diagnostics Module
Facilio has an exclusive module for fault diagnostics, providing an overall view of all the alarms generated in the facility – building-wise, priority-wise, category wise, etc. The specific nature of this dashboard provides the facility manager a targeted view of issues at hand and helps them prioritize the work orders accordingly.
At a glance
At a glance, Facilio’s Alarms module provides you with a collated list of alarms that have been generated in different buildings within a facility. Active and unacknowledged alarms are listed conspicuously while statistics about alarm severity, open alarms, categories and average response time are listed below by default.
- Alarms: Lists all the alarms that have been generated with summaries of what could have gone wrong. Here you can acknowledge, clear or create a work order for the alarms raised, as per requirement.
- Rules: Lists alarm rules that would trigger an alarm.
- Reports: Create new alarm reports or analyze existing reports.
v) Controls & Graphics
The Controls & Graphics module gives the facility manager a complete visual experience of all their high-value assets and provides them access to control points and to various parameters of these assets. It also allows them to build a graphic representation of the assets and monitor vital equipment and be notified visually of anomalies, deviations and odd readings. This module also provides the facility with a command center of control points, allowing them to modify, update, switch on/off various parameters of an asset or space.
At a glance
At a glance, Facilio’s Controls & Graphics dashboard provides the facility manager with detailed insights into the inner workings of high-value assets and their vital readings. It also provides the facility manager/supervisor a control command center that allows them to control/manage/update vital controls based on physical conditions of asset/space and address specific day-to-day requests from the residents/employees etc.
- Graphics: Represent all your high-value assets in a graphical format with various parts labeled and linked to vital statistics that are being recorded for the said asset. You can also build the asset graphically by using various components, add alarms and track vital parameters, readings, and analytics.
- Control Point: Allows you to view readings, command and control the vital aspects of an asset or space. These options can also be used as a command center to control various aspects of a building(s) or an entire facility.
- Control Logic: This tab allows the facility manager to configure logical rules for various assets based on alarms, schedule or reservations.
- Commands: Lists the log of various commands that have been executed for a particular asset.
f) Custom Dashboard and Views
Facilio’s dashboards (Maintenance, Alarms, Energy, Space, and Assets) provides you with a focused view of different aspects of your facility. While these dashboards carry default reports, you might want to keep an eye on a specific asset or a work order trend that is emerging in all your buildings. That’s why, Facilio allows you to create a custom dashboard for the following – Maintenance, Alarms, Energy, and Assets.
The custom dashboard that you create can have specific reports, views, and cards drawn from the rest of the dashboard, making it a command center of sorts, that is unique to your facility. For example, you can check out the pending work orders in all your buildings, while keeping an eye on the energy consumption, ensure the carbon emissions are well within the limit and check out how many assets are expiring in the next few months.
i) Creating a Custom Dashboard
To create a custom dashboard –
- Go to Maintenance, Alarm or Energy dashboard and click on the vertical ellipsis icon given in the far right of the screen.
- Select the dropdown Dashboard Manager.
- Click on the button Add Dashboard in the right header.
- Provide a new name for your custom dashboard.
- The custom dashboard can be built with three elements in Facilio – Reports, Views & Cards.
- Different types of reports can be selected from the dropdown (maintenance, fault detection & diagnostics, building performance, and asset) given here.
- After selecting the report that you wish to add, you can drag and drop the widget on the screen.
- Views are custom created reports that can be added to the dashboard to keep an eye on specific data. You can drag and drop the widget and adjust the size if required. You can also filter and display specific information that you require. You can also open the view in a new tab and search for relevant data, configure the column setting to display pertinent information and also sort the information in an intelligible manner.
- Cards are data bulletins that can be added to monitor very specific information (temperature, carbon emission, humidity, etc.) in relation to a portfolio/site/building/floor.
- The widgets that you add can be further tweaked with the required date range and specific data can be selected to show pertinent information. You can also adjust the size of the widget so as to view the data clearly.
- Once the dashboard is ready, you can create a folder name to store the view.
- Once saved, you will find the new custom dashboard view in the tab with other default building views.
ii) How to use Dashboard Manager?
Dashboard Manager provides a consolidated view of the number of screens, views and remote screens.
- To access Dashboard Manager, you can go to Maintenance, Alarm or Energy dashboard and click on the vertical ellipsis icon given in the far right of the screen.
- Dashboard Manager page shows the number of dashboards available that can be customized in Facilio.
- Select the dashboard, you wish to edit from the dropdown given in the far-right.
- All the tabbed dashboards that are custom created by users can be seen.
- Options to edit and delete are available here. You can also choose to enable a dashboard for the mobile version of the Facilio application.
Screens are a useful feature that can be displayed all around the facility, allowing facility managers, supervisors and team leaders to keep an eye on data that they deem important or vital. Through a screen, one can keep an eye on various dashboards in Facilio.
- In the Dashboard Manager, click on the tab Screens.
- Click on the button Add Screen.
- Input a name for the screen and select the dashboards it needs to display. Multiple dashboards can be selected for a screen.
- Select the interval time duration to display each dashboard.
iv) Remote Screen
Once the screen is added in Facilio, it can be accessed through a URL in a computer, tablet or even a smart tv. To Comcast the screen –
- In the Dashboard Manager, click on the tab Remote Screen.
- Click on the Connect Remote Screen button.
- Next, access the URL https://tv.facilio.com/tv in your smart tv.
- Back in the Facilio app, provide a name for the remote screen (as to where it can be viewed. For e.g. Reception, foyer, etc.)
- Enter the passcode that is given in the URL given above.
- Once added, you will be able to view the dashboard remotely.
g) User Management Settings
Workflows in Facilio are driven by its users. A hierarchy of users is needed to raise work orders, execute, resolve and close the work orders duly after inspecting them the same. That’s why, the first requisite step to getting started in Facilio is to add roles, users and teams.
i) How to add users?
Users are basically people who are using Facilio application to assign work, execute work orders, provide maintenance and upkeep within a facility and to ensure everything is ship-shape. Each user within Facilio will have a specific role to perform as per their skill/expertise such as – technicians, engineers, carpenters, gardeners, housekeeping, etc.
Adding new users to Facilio
- To add a new user, head over to Settings > Users Management > Users.
- Click on Add user button to fill in the user detail – name, email, timezone and language details.
- Select the role assigned to the user and assign the space that would be accessible to them.
- Select the team to which the user is assigned to.
- Lastly, provide the contact details of the user.
- Once the user information is added, an invitation will be sent to their email id.
- If the user is a contract laborer for the facility, you can go ahead and create a labor contract for them in Facilio.
ii) How to add teams?
Creating teams within Facilio applications helps in organizing the workforce within the facility in a methodical fashion. Teams within Facilio can be created based on their user’s skill/expertise or on their level of accessibility. For example, all plumbers in a facility can be grouped within a team to deal with work orders related to a particular building or an overall site.
Once teams of users are created it becomes easy to assign work orders for maintenance work that requires multiple personnel to accomplish within the given deadline.
To add a team –
- Head to Settings > Users Management > Users.
- Click on the New Team button.
- Provide a name and description for the team.
- Select the site. Users specific to the selected site will appear in the dropdown.
- Select the users who would be a part of the team and click on Save.
iii) How to add roles?
Two elements define the role of a user within Facilio – the user’s role, and level of accessibility within the facility. Adding a role for the user, aids in managing the workforce within the facility and helps in creating teams. The level of accessibility for each user depends on the role that they would be playing within the Facility.
To add a new role –
- Head to Settings > Users Management > Roles.
- Click on the button New Role.
- Provide a Role Name and Description.
- Next, permissions will need to be configured for the role providing them access to various dashboards and features of Facilio.
- You can completely disable an entire dashboard or provide partial access to it.
- Click on the Toggle button to provide permission as per required and click on Save.
iv) How to add Requesters?
Requesters can be maintenance personnel who have permission to create work order requests for a facility or a site. They can also be residents or tenants of a building/site requesting the maintenance team to get some work done.
To add a requester –
- Head to Settings > Users Management > Requesters.
- Click on the button Add Requester.
- Add the name of the requester, email id and mobile number.
- Select the site, building or floor for which the requester can post work requests.
- Select the option Send Invitation to send an email invitation to the user.
Note: Click here to know more about setting up a Requester portal.
h) Company Profile Details
To fill in the company profile details –
- Head to Settings > Company Profile.
- Fill in the details of Timezone and Currency.
- You can also fill in other details such as – Address, Contact Number, Fax, etc.
i) Service Portal Details
Service portals are basically dashboards wherein tenants, building owners or employees can raise work requests for their building/floors. These requests will be processed and approved by the facility manager/supervisor.
- Head to Settings > Service Portal. You can configure the service portal login protocols here.
- There are two tab options here – Portal and SSO.
- You can allow users to sign up from the customer portal.
- Allow any user from any domain or only from specific domains (whitelisted) to login to the helpdesk.
- Configure user permissions either for everyone or only for logged in users. You can configure these users to submit a new ticket on the portal.
- Custom Domain Configuration: Configure a shortcut login URL for your service request portal
- Here you can configure the login protocols for a large number of users. This feature has two sets of options – SMAL Authentication and Active Directory.
- SMAL Authentication: This allows the users to easily log in to the service portal using any popular email id or social media handle.
- The login URL will be prefilled here.
- Provide the Logout and Change Password URL details.
- Select a system-generated public key to provide additional security protocol.
- Select the algorithm RSA or DSA as per requirement.
- Active Directory: This allows a large database of users to access the service portal through a pre-configured username and password.
- Input the logout and change password URL.
- Upload a public key file to provide an additional security protocol
- Select an algorithm (RSA/DSA).
j) Space and Asset Settings
Different types of readings are constantly recorded and monitored within a facility. The reading fields in Facilio are added keeping in mind the default equipment/devices that a facility would normally possess. New reading fields can also be added for an entire site, building, floor or space to record and monitor specific conditions, energy output, energy savings, temperature, humidity, etc.
1. Asset Reading
You can also add different types of reading fields in relation to the asset that is being used within the facility. Once new reading fields are added, data will be captured for the same during the maintenance.
- Head to Settings > Space/Asset Settings > Readings.
- Here you will see a list of existing asset fields categorized within a corresponding asset category.
- Click on the button New Asset Reading.
- Select yes/no whether the new reading is a formula field. If yes, then –
- Input the Field Name and select the Category of the Asset.
- Provide a Unit of measurement for the reading. Next, select the asset for which this particular formula needs to apply.
- Select the option Change Expression if you wish to use the default formula expression. You can also select Code View to add your own specific code.
- The formula builder can be used to configure specific combinations of readings. To build a formula, click on variables A & B and assign specific parameters for the same by selecting a specific Asset and its corresponding readings (Sum, Average, etc.). You can also select the option Apply Aggregate Condition to apply the same for any parameter that is chosen.
- Enter the expression that would define this field.
- Next, you will need to define the Safe Limit for this reading (Greater than, Lesser than, Between, etc.). If there are no safe limits, you can select the option None.
- Lastly, configure actions that need to be undertaken, if the safe limits are breached. You can opt to raise alarm and set its severity levels (Minor, Major Critical) as required.
- If the reading is not formula-based –
- input the field name and select the field type. Configure metrics and unit. You can also click on the Settings icon to configure safe limits and set up alarms and severity levels if the safe limit is breached.
- Option to create multiple fields for an asset is available here.
2. Site/Building/Floor/Space Readings
Readings can be configured for different aspects of space (Site, Building, Floor & Space). To add a new reading –
- Head to Settings > Space/Asset Settings.
- Select the appropriate subtab – Site/Building/Floor/Space.
- Input the field name and field type (Text, Number, Decimal, etc.) as per requirement.
- Click on the Plus icon to add multiple fields, if required.
Here you can add custom fields for assets and configure categories, departments, and types. Head to Space / Asset Settings > Customization. You will find three tabs – Category, Department, and Types
- A list of existing asset categories will be present here.
- Click on the Add Category button. Input the name, select asset type and select a parent category, required
Assets can be grouped into departments enabling it easy for the Facility Manager/Supervisor to schedule its maintenance and tracking. Here you can add new departments as and when you add an entirely new category of equipment/devices.
- Click on the Add Department button and Save.
In a facility, hundreds of assets work together. Some can be moved, some need to installed in one location. Slotting the assets into different types (movable, vehicle, etc.) helps in upgrading and maintaining the same.
- Click on the Add Type button.
- Enter the type name. Check whether the asset type is movable or not.
iii) Space Categories
In Facilio, you can segregate a facility into different categories (Common area, gym, restrooms, parking area, etc.). This segregation helps the facility manager to maintain uniform space settings, create alarms and rules. Space categories also help in slotting the assets that are placed.
To add a new space category –
- Head to Settings > Space / Asset Settings
- Existing space categories will be listed here. Click on New Category.
- Input Category Name, Description and toggle the option if this should be categorized as a common area.
iv) Operating Hours
You can define operating hours for a building within a site to define the working/active hours.
- Head to Settings > Space / Asset Settings > Operating Hours
- Here a few operating hours will be configured by default.
- Click on the button Add Operating Hours.
- Provide a name for the operating hours and select the hour type. You can select the option Custom Hours to minutely define the working period for a specific day(s) or hour(s), as required.
- After configuring the operating hours, you can add the same for your building.