Learn more about how to get started with Facilio and get introduced to basic features of the application and elements that make it systematic and meticulous.
a) An Introduction
Getting started with Facilio is easy, systematic and meticulous. In this module, you will learn about different features that would help make onboarding with Facilio an easy affair.
b) System Requirements
Facilio is a web application, therefore, it requires –
- IOS App:
- Facilio: iOS 11.0 to latest
- Facilio Portal: iOS 11.0 to latest
- Mobile Facilio app – minimum version KitKat (Api-19)
- Facilio portal app – minimum version KitKat (Api-19)
c) Launching Facilio
Facilio is a web application program that can be launched through a web browser. It is also a mobile application, which can be launched after downloading the app on your mobile or tablet.
The onboarding team of Facilio will provide you with the link to connect to Facilio. You can also contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
d) Signing onto Facilio
To start working with Facilio, you will need to sign up with your domain name, name, email id, contact number etc. Typically, you can name the domain after the building/gated community/office complex that you wish to manage.
- Head to https://app.facilio.com/app/signup to sign up your facility with Facilio.
- After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to sign in to Facilio.
- Click on the link given in the mail and login to Facilio.
- Select the option My Profile.
- Here three tabs of options are available – Edit Profile, Change Password and Notifications.
- Edit Profile: Fill in/edit details such as Name, Email, Timezone, Language, Contact Information (Email & Phone), Complete Address etc.
- Change Password: Input current password and confirm the new password that you wish to change.
- Notifications: Provides a history of actions that have been done by the user’s profile.
e) How to switch themes?
Facilio provides different themes for users to personalize their space.
- Head to logo/profile icon given in the dashboard on the extreme right.
- Select the option Switch Theme.
e) Using Search Feature
The search feature in Facilio is a sophisticated option that can help provide an accurate result. With multiple parameters built-in, the feature can be used in all dashboards and options where a humongous amount of data is present.
i) Searching with the help of multiple filters
Keywords can be used to search for data in specific areas and categories in Facilio. This operation filters the data and presents the most pertinent information to the user.
For example, if you are searching for a particular work order in the Maintenance Dashboard, you can type a keyword in the search and apply Status filters as to where it can be searched (For e.g. Subject, Site, Category, Space…etc.).
Note: The search feature is primarily the same in Facilio but filters with which you can search for data changes as per the dashboard.
Subsequently, you can also add multiple filters here to narrow down the search. Click on the ‘Add Filter’ option marked in the above-given screenshot to add more filters.
Filters can also be used without any keywords too. For example, you can search for work orders in a particular category or you can select the broad category and use the boolean options to filter it further. Adding multiple options within each filter is also possible.
ii) Saving search results as a view
Search results that are regularly sought after can be saved as a view.
- Search for keywords or with specific filters.
- Add more filters or boolean operators as per requirement.
- Click on ‘Add Filter’ to add more filters
- Click on ‘Save’ to save the search results as a view.
f) Sorting Data
In Facilio, data can be easily sorted and the information that you require can be found easily. The sort option is currently available in dashboards where huge amounts of data are generated such as Work Orders, Alarms, Assets, Tenants, etc.
Using this option, you can sort the data according to different parameters, depending on the information that you wish to search for. For example, asset information can be sorted by the manufacturer’s name or the alarms can be sorted by alarm class or priority, etc. Here is how you do it –
- The sort icon is present on the right side of the dashboard header.
- Click on the sort icon.
- Select the attribute by which you wish to sort the data alphabetically.
- Attributes that you can select will depend on the dashboard and the data you are trying to sort.
- Select the attribute and find the requisite data displayed.
- Option to type keywords is also present here and the results can be sorted in ascending or descending order.
g) Exporting Data
In Facilio, data can be easily exported as a CSV file, excel sheet, mail message or as a schedule. This feature can be easily used along with the sort option given above. You can sort the data you require based on specific parameters and download the information, as required.
- Click on the export icon given in the right header of the dashboard.
- Select from the options – export as CSV, export as excel, mail, schedule.
- Export as CSV & Excel: Allows you to download the data as a CSV or an excel file. You can also choose to include comments in this file if required.
- Mail: Sorted or categorized data can be mailed to any user within the facility (who have signed up with Facilio).
- Schedule: You can schedule information/data views to be delivered daily/weekly/monthly/yearly to be sent to any user within the facility.
h) Custom Views & System Views
Facilio provides its viewers with two types of views – System & Custom.
System Views: These are views that Facilio provides by default. This option is present in all dashboards (except Space) and will provide relevant information in relation to the dashboard you are viewing.
Custom Views: Custom views can be created by searching for data/information using different filters and the results can be saved as a custom view. Once saved, the custom view will appear in the header.
Note: Scroll up and refer the topic Saving search results as a view for more information.
Facilio currently provides an exclusive report section for dashboards (Maintenance, Alarms, Energy, Asset). Here you can view and analyze data in a segmented manner and get insights into any aspect of facility management. The dashboards mentioned above will have reports generated by default and you will find options to tweak the charts to show the information in the most pertinent manner possible. Apart from the default reports you can also create custom reports with required data and tweak the charts to view analysis and insights that make the most sense to your facility.
ii) Customizing Reports
Facilio provides extensive options to edit and customize the reports. The following customizations can be done –
A. Change date range
A large range of options is available here allowing you to change the date range from a week to month or a year. Custom date ranges can also be provided here to tweak the report minutely.
B. Changing chart type
Options to change the chart/graph type are available. This will help you select the best way to represent the data visually.
C. Customizing the chart
Chart and their legend can be extensively customized in Facilio to ensure that the data is displayed in a lucid understandable manner. Tick direction, legend colors, titles, data labels, points, gridlines, legend position, etc. can be customized in a report.
D. Working with formulas
In Facilio, you can generate and view reports that have specific data derived through formulas. Such reports will provide definitive data and analysis and give you greater insights about your facility. Basic formulas that can be applied to a metric would be the following – Average, Sum, Minimum & Maximum. While creating a report, you can apply these formulas to the metrics that you select in the chart.
E. Adding multiple metrics
Reports with multiple metrics can be created to compare, analyze data and attributes. You can add multiple metrics even as you create a new report or tweak an existing report to view information as required.
F. Adding criteria to a report
Facilio allows you to generate reports by deriving data based on certain criteria. Adding criteria allows you to tweak your report minutely to view data that you need. You can also add more than one criteria to further tweak the report.
iii) How to create a custom report?
You can create new reports to analyze various aspects of your facility (work orders, asset usage/maintenance, and alarms triggered).
- To create a new report, head to the reports section of your chosen dashboard and click on the pink plus icon given in the left panel.
- Next, select the dimension of the graph (data that needs to be analyzed), metrics and group the data by attributes that you want to represent in the chart. For charts related to priority and time, you can select the date filter as required.
iii) How to schedule a report?
In Facilio, a report can be scheduled to be generated or delivered on a certain date or for a period of time.
- Click on the Schedule icon given above the report.
- You can input the date/period when the report must be scheduled. Once the date/period/duration is configured, the report will be automatically generated in Facilio.
- The report can also be sent as an email to any user in Facilio. The report can be sent as a CSV, Excel or PDF. You can input an appropriate subject and description and schedule the report accordingly.
J) Customizing column settings in a table
Most pages in Facilio displays data in a table setting. You can customize the columns in the table to display information that is relevant and pertinent to your requirements.
- To customize the column settings, click on the icon given in any table on the extreme right heading.
- The column settings tab will open offering a list of fields that can be added.
- Select the fields that need to be added in the table and move the field name up/down to view the information accordingly in the table.